Tuesday, May 20, 2008

VACATION TIME

I am here in Myrle Beach, SC for a week of rest and relaxation.  My son, Michael drove down with me after flying down from Vermont.  My oldest daughter, Kira and her boyfriend and my youngest daughter, and her girlfriend are all driving down today.  I am really looking forward to spending a couple of days with my children.  It does not happen that often now that they are all grown.  Alia, my granddaughter was suppose to come to the beach for the first time; however, she got double ear infections 2 days before the trip.  We were all greatly disappointed that she was not well enough to come.  I think all of us were excited to play with her at the beach and watch for the first time down here.

We are actually staying in North Myrtle Beach.  I have not been down here in over 5 years.  It is sad to think about it being that long.  I use to stay all summer down here with my grandparents.  Unfortunately,  North Myrtle Beach has built up so much.  I knew it would have to happen but it is still sad.  Also, you should see the size of the houses that they are putting up down here.  These are not beach houses!!!!  I think the saddest thing I have seen though has to be the inablity to see the ocean anymore when you drive down Ocean Blvd.  When I get back I will post many pictures of our adventures down here!

No comments: