Friday, August 31, 2007
I really like Cascade. I love the feel of the yarn and how it felts.
2. Name one person in the swap who is not from the U.S. and tell us where they are from, and link to their blog. Nicola S. She is from Chesire, UK. Here is a link to her blog: http://greengreenplanet.blogspot.com/
3. Find one person in the swap who has a dog, and let us know the name of their dog(s) and link to their blog.
Alana R. has 2 dogs, Jyada and Flex. The link to her blog is: http://stringsandpurls.blogspot.com/
4. Find one person in the swap who has a child or grandchild and link to their blog.
Kristen M. http://dayinthelifeof531.blogspot.com/
5. And finally, tell us if you like October or November more, and why!
November is my favorite month because my oldest daughter was born in that month. Also, I get to celebrate a holiday, Thanksgiving, with my extended family.
Friday, August 24, 2007
I received this invitation from Joann. I hope you will read it and want to participate.
I will send a handmade gift to 3 random people who leave a comment on my blog requesting to join this Pay It Forward exchange. This isn't a huge gift, just a little something to lift your spirits. I don’t know what that gift will be yet and you may not receive it tomorrow or next week, but you will receive it within 365 days, that is my promise! The only thing you have to do if you like, is in return pay it forward by making the same promise on your blog.
Thursday, August 23, 2007
I have Alia, my granddaughter this evening so I can't work on any other projects until she goes home.
Hope you all had a great day.
Saturday, August 18, 2007
- How long have you been knitting or crocheting? I have been knitting for about 1 year now. IHow did you learn? or from whom? I actually was taught by my 19 year old son. I then used the internet to get directions for stitches I did not know how to do.
- What was your first felted object, and why did you decide to try felting? I made a basket a few months ago. I like the look of felted items and I needed another basket for all my yarn.
- What are your favorite colors? I like yellows, greens, and burgandy.Any you hate? I have not found any that I hate yet.
- What are your favorite styles\types of bags? I like large tote type bags.(Long straps? Short handles? Handbags? Totes? Embellished? Plain? Include links to patterns or photos if you’d like – give your pal an idea of what you enjoy!) I also like the bags with the pretty felted flowers on them. Hint Hint.
- What handbag or bag are you carrying today? Do you use a separate bag to carry your knitting? I am currently using a store bought handbag. Yes I use separate bags for carrying my knitting.
- What other things do you enjoy knitting or crocheting? I love reading murder mysteries, and craft fairs.
- What sort of needles do you enjoy working with? (straights vs circs, bamboo vs aluminum) I love the bamboo needles. I also like to work with circs.
- What’s one project you’ve not yet tried but are dying to make? I want to try a cardigan sweater.
- What’s one yarn you’ve not yet tried but are dying to work with? Suede
- What other hobbies do you have? Do you spin? Sew? Garden? Reading
- Besides yarn, do you collect anything?
- What kind of goodies do you enjoy? Sweets? Salty? Anything you hate or are allergic to? I like the sugar free chocolates. I am diabetic.
- Do you have any kiddos? (Furry kind count!) I have 3 children ..23 yo girl, 20 yo boy, & 17 yo girl. I also have a 17 month old granddaughter.
- What kind of project best personifies you and why? I don't have any projects that I would say personifies me yetl
- What is your favorite part of Autumn? You can also share a special Autumn memory if you'd prefer! I love the foliage. My son goes to school in Vermont and I travel to see him each fall. I love it up there.
- Tell us 3 things you would do if you won 10 million dollars in the lottery. Buy a house, pay off my childrens' student loans, and volunteer with people suffering from addiction.
Friday, August 17, 2007
I am also going through "empty" nest syndrome. My youngest daughter is going to be moving out to move onto college. I have 3 children, 22, 20, & 17 years old. I love all of them more than I ever imagined possible. My other love is my 17 month old granddaughter. She is just adorable!!!!
I love to go to craft fairs. I am always looking for ideas for something new to do. One of my other passions is reading. I always try to have a book going. I usually take my book and my knitting wherever I go! :)
This is just a brief introduction to myself. Please bear with me as I update my blog. (I can't believe I am finally creating a blog)!