Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Back to Normal Life

Today was the day that reality set back in. I had to get up and head off to work this morning. I have to be at work at 6:00 a.m. which means I head off to bed early. This was not too easy last night because while vacation I had completely gotten off schedule. Also, Michael is flying home to Vermont this evening. He will no longer be sleeping on my couch. I should be able to see him in July. He is coming home to bake a wedding cake for one of Kira's friends.

I really had a difficult time getting back into the swing of things today at work. I had not been on a vacation for 5 years. I was totally amazed at how many people commented on how relaxed I appeared today. Being completely honest, I have not felt this relaxed in years. I did not realize how much stress I have been carrying around with me, especially the last year. What I do realize is that I will not wait another 5 years for me to take vacations. I have 3 weeks vacation each year and I am going to use them.

I hope everyone has a safe and wonderful summer!

No comments: