Sunday, May 4, 2008

Busy Weekend !

I have had a very busy weekend so far. As I posted on Friday afternoon, I went out on a date Friday evening. I have admit to being very nervous about the whole idea of dating again. We went to the Long Horn restaurant. Dinner was delicious and the conversation was great. It was funny. I told my dinner partner that all of my children would know that I was on a date before the evening was over, including my son in Vermont. When I walked in the house, Laura told me that my son had called from Vermont and wanted to know if I was already asleep. She told him, "No, Mom is on a date." He called back later and was teasing me like crazy. They are not use to me going out and not being home.

Saturday, I got up and headed into work for a half day. From there I went to my girlfriend Terry's house. She is one of the best cooks I know. She loves to cook for everyone and had invited me over for lunch. She was surprised when I did not have Alia with me but I told her i would be picking her up later. We had a wonderful time just sitting and talking. Terry is one of my dearest friends and it felt great just spending time with her. From her house, I picked up Alia. She is so much fun to have these days. She is talking up a storm! She suprises me each week with something new. Last night she sang the song Twinkle Twinkle Little Star just out of the blue! I hate to brag but she is one smart little cookie. She also loves to play on the computer. I sometimes have to remember she just turned 2!

Well, I am going to wrap it up for now. I am waiting for someone to come pick some books I am selling on Craigslist.

No comments: