Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day

First and foremost, Happy Mother's Day to all Mom's out there. I have had a truely lovely day with my family. My son called from Vermont earlier this morning. I was in the middle of watching "PS I Love You" and was crying when he called. Once I convinced him I was okay we talked for a few minutes and then I got back to the movie. My youngest daughter and her girlfriend got me a couple of candles (I love good smelling candles), a pink rose, and card last night. Kira, my oldest, and Jesus got me a lovely plant and a nice card. I spent the day at a family gathering.

I am getting ready to go on vacation next week so this week is going to be a little hectic. I know I should not wait till the last minute to get things done but I always do. I have to get new tires and an oil change before we leave. All the kids, their significant others, my granddaughter, and myself are heading to sunny Myrtle Beach. I have not been on a vacation in over 5 years. This is muchly needed.

Oh, before I wrap it up for today, here is the lastest list of freebies I have gotten this week:

1. True Stories Magazine
2. Sample of Nature best dog food (giving it to a friend)
3. Super shine cleaner
4. Dozen cookies from Food Lion with their coupon.
5. 12 pack of Diet Pepsi Max (from a contest). One of the cans in the 12 pack was empty so I called them. They are sending out coupons to replace my 12 pack.

I need to get off of here and start getting ready for a long week at work. Doesn't it always seem as if the week before vacation goes in super long motion.

No comments: