Saturday, June 21, 2008

Busy weekend

Here it is Saturday evening already. I have had a busy weekend so far and have plans for tomorrow also. Last night Laura, Susan and I met my best friend, Terry at IKEA. She wants to get a new computer desk and computer chair for her house. Laura is going to help her since Laura works at IKEA. We walked through the entire store and found quilts, living rooms chairs for me, and of course her desk and chair. After going through the store we went to Don Pablo's for dinner. Terry and I had a blast. We had not been out on a Friday night in ages (we are usually in bed by 8:30 - 9:00 come Friday. Both of us work very long days during the week and wear down by Friday. Terry and I laughed and kidded. At one point, I looked over at Laura and Susan. They are just looking at us like they did not know us. Susan made a comment that I am not like that when I am home. It is funny to realize that the children see me as someone totally different than I am when I am with friends.

This morning I had to go get the blood work done for the operation next week. Once that was done I went to my daughter Kira's apartment for breakfast with her and her father. We needed to discuss all her wedding plans and money. I left there to go get my granddaughter, Alia. Alia and I then went to Terry's house for lunch. Terry is a great cook. She makes pasta from scratch! We left there to head home. Alia had not had a nap yet and she stayed awake the entire trip home. However around 7:30 p.m. she crashed and burned. She is sound asleep in my bed. :)

Tomorrow, Kira and I are going to a wine tasting at one of our local parks. I am really looking forward to it. There is suppose to be a chocolate Zinfandel that I can't wait to get my hand on.! I will comment on my activities tomorrow.

Oh, right now I am getting ready to go back and work on the cotton purse I am creating. I am making up the pattern as I go. I will post some pictures soon.

No comments: