Saturday, September 8, 2007

What a busy week?


As I write this, I am waiting to find out if I will have my granddaughter for the night. Grandma can't wait to spoil her!!!! As you can from this picture, Alia has very "devilish" side to her. Of course, as her grandmother, I only see her as an angel. This was taken last Sunday morning. She had just gotten me up very early and she was ready to move, but Grandma was still trying to drink her coffee.

For being a short week, it feels as if I have worked 2 weeks. I work for a trash company and even though we get a holiday, the trash still needs to get picked up the week of the holiday. Therefore, I always try to really enjoy my day off because when I go back to work I pay for the day off!

I have been busy knitting in the evenings. I am working on the book bag for my niece. Here is the link to the pattern: Ayla Bag. Hopefully I will have a pic of it soon to post. I was about 1/4 of the way through the pattern when I realized I needed to frog it almost all the way down to the base. I am determined I am doing this bag! I also have plans to use the basic pattern and adapt it also for my nieces 2 brothers. These are my brother's 3 year old triplets and they have just started preschool. I figure if I make these for Christmas (along with cool toys from Aunt Suzy) it will be around the time their parents will be looking to replace their first book bags.

Lastly, our family has the problem of addiction in it. Both my stepson and husband are addicts. My husband is currently in rehab but will be getting out tomorrow, Monday, or Tuesday. Needless to say, the stress level is very high for me right now. However, I have to admit my Nar-Anon friends have been great and they are helping me get through all of this. If you are a friend or family member of an addict and need to know you are not alone, please reach out to Nar-Anon. If you don't know how to reach them, please contact me and I will try to find a meeting for you!

3 comments:

Mystery Pal said...

Good luck with your husband getting out of rehab. I agree, last week was a stressful week for being short. I've been working on your bag!! I really think you're going to like it!!

Dorothy said...

I will be praying for your family!

joy said...

Hi! I just found you through a search of Technorati for Nar-Anon...and I'll keep you in my thoughts.