Monday, September 24, 2007

One Day at a Time

I had such a busy day at work today. I have been training to be a trainer for a computer conversion we are starting this week. I have been training for months and now I feel my head is in such a fog that I can't even think straight. I started work at 6:00 a.m. and before I knew it, it was almost 4:00 p.m.

After work, I had to go see my father-in-law. I really feel bad for him. My husband, John, is the second child her has lost. Due to the fact that John died in an accident, his father is focusing on wanting to sue the driver that hit him. I believe that it will only bring more pain to the driver and will not ever bring "closure" as my father-in-law thinks it will. So after leaving his place, all I wanted to do was come home and knit.

I have been working on the FFBE bag. I am almost ready to felt the bag. I can't wait to see it felted. I find it amazing that knitting can bring such a calm over me, even after such a stressful day.

Tomorrow would have been my husband's 42nd birthday. I am really trying to stay positive and enjoy the day as much as possible. He was looking forward to his birthday. He was always such a BIG KID when it came to getting presents!! It makes me smile just thinking about how he would act.

No comments: